[opam-devel] more committers needed ?

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Wed Mar 30 11:28:10 BST 2016

Hi Cheng,

The OPAM tool indeed supports this model, but the automation infrastructure isn't fully written and deployed yet.  There are various tools in-flight that do portions of this, but none exist that poll the --dev repository (e.g. for a new GitHub release) and autocreate a PR.

I think that's an interesting idea, as instead of the repository maintainer pushing a release and OPAM package, we could take the burden off the creator and poll for releases on the upstream GitHub repositories instead.

One advantage of this "pull" model is that it ensures that the upstream `opam` metadata is sane, since that would form the basis for the PR. Right now they can diverge due to manual intervention.

Anil