[ocaml-opengl] [Caml-list] standard 3d vector library in OCaml

Florent Monnier monnier.florent at gmail.com
Wed May 8 14:55:11 BST 2013

2013/5/8, Francois Berenger:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a standard library for this purpose?
>
> Maybe I should relase mine, I have a small one.

I would enjoy to see your library.

Especially if some functions are usable for OpenGL.
Here is bellow what I'm using for OpenGL.
This is not a vector lib but a matrix lib tailored for use with
forward compatible OpenGL.
It only contains 2 or 3 (not-optimised) functions for vectors computations.

https://forge.ocamlcore.org/scm/viewvc.php/trunk/TEST3/ogl_matrix.mli?view=markup&revision=94&root=glmlite
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/scm/viewvc.php/trunk/TEST3/ogl_matrix.mli?view=markup&root=glmlite

https://forge.ocamlcore.org/scm/viewvc.php/trunk/TEST3/ogl_matrix.ml?view=markup&revision=94&root=glmlite
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/scm/viewvc.php/trunk/TEST3/ogl_matrix.ml?view=markup&root=glmlite

But this current revision 94 in the svn is not my more advanced version.
The more recent version is not in the svn because it's C code rewriten
in OCaml and the original code was provided under a more restrictive
license than the one of glMLite (MIT), and I don't want to downgrade
to (L)GPL.

Someone told me that I should not bother about this issue and that
this kind of code should be considered as only math.

http://www.linux-nantes.org/%7Efmonnier/ocaml/GL/fc/code/ogl_matrix.ml.xhtml
http://www.linux-nantes.org/%7Efmonnier/ocaml/GL/fc/code/

If your lib contains things useful for OpenGL I would be pleased to
integrate these parts in my module Ogl_matrix, or maybe even create a
new one Ogl_vector.
(But only if your license is MIT or similar)

--
Cheers