[ocaml-platform] "opam config env" and emacs

Wojciech Meyer wojciech.meyer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 19:23:20 BST 2013

So the usual way of doing that is to use Emacs package manager (ELPA),
and package the lisp part of the packages separately.

http://marmalade-repo.org/

provides all the licensing goodies to make the life easier.

What would also work to call Emacs from OPAM to automatically evaluate
needed expression and install the package in Emacs, this is risky for my
configuration, but might work in majority of cases. Others might prefer
other solutions of course.

Yaron Minsky <yminsky at janestreet.com> writes:

> Does anyone know a good way of setting up emacs to point to the
> appropriate site-lisp directory in OPAM?  Right now, I have a stanza
> like this in my .emacs:
>
> (add-to-list 'load-path
>              (expand-file-name
> "~/.opam/4.01.0dev+trunk/share/emacs/site-lisp/"))
>
> But this is of course not at all sensitive to opam switch.  Jeremie
> has some auto-detection code here:
>
>    https://github.com/diml/utop/issues/4
>
> Should we integrate this into OPAM somehow so people don't have to dig
> this out and cut and paste it in?

Wojciech