[ocaml-platform] Does Core change too often?

Yaron Minsky yminsky at janestreet.com
Fri Feb 15 03:17:47 GMT 2013

Right now, the Core suite of libraries changes a lot --- we have a new
release of everything every week.  The changes on a given week are
small, but there are always changes.

I can imagine this being something of a problem for OPAM.  If packages
specify specific revisions of the Core suite, then we're going to have
a massive version mismatch problem, where no two libraries can agree
on the version of Core that they need.

I have no obvious ideas as to how to solve this.  Does anyone else
have ideas?  Should we simply encourage packagers to specify a
lower-bound constraint on the Core libraries?