[ocaml-platform] Does Core change too often?

Yaron Minsky yminsky at janestreet.com
Fri Feb 15 11:47:48 GMT 2013

I'm suspicious that the separate versioning will buy us anything, and it
will certainly add complexity to our export process.  In particular, my
hope is that core will become a dependency for many projects, at which
point a weekly release of core will cause lots of churn at the build level
whether or not type-conv is changed.

As for core, the changes aren't massive or terribly churny, but core is
big, and something in it changes every week.  Most users could probably
jump forward five versions and compile cleanly without changing a line of
code.  Given that, I would think that defaulting to inequality constraints
would help a lot.