[ocaml-platform] on the need and design of OCaml namespaces

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Fri Feb 22 12:51:05 GMT 2013

Le vendredi, 22 février 2013 à 13:14, Anil Madhavapeddy a écrit :
> This remains a problem in any code-generation approach, including ppx. Namespaces are just another way of manipulating modules, so we could call them 'module aliases' if having a new word is scaring people off.

But this is already part of the language (module M = M'), just make its cost negligible. Now maybe it's just a matter of rendering stdlib less pervasives or as you suggest to make its components available under another toplevel name. What I doubt is that some new mechanism really has to be introduced.

Daniel