[ocaml-platform] on the need and design of OCaml namespaces

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Tue Feb 26 13:00:40 GMT 2013

Thanks Leo. For me this is the first clear and argumented explanation of why packs won't work anyways, I'm convinced now. Effectively I don't think we can avoid the unhealthy situations you mention.

Regarding namespaces, I assume then they don't have any runtime semantics, so you can just see them as a preprocessing step that lengthens the name of a module ? Or do these have other properties ?

Daniel