[ocaml-platform] New release of OPAM

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Thu Feb 28 12:41:56 GMT 2013

On 28 Feb 2013, at 11:06, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas at ocamlpro.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've released 0.9.4 yesterday. Main changes:
> * Disable auto-removal of unused dependencies. This can now be enabled on-demand using `-a`
> * Fix compilation and basic usage on Cygwin
> * Fix BSD support (use `type` instead of `which` to detect existing commands)
> * Add a way to tag external dependencies in OPAM files
> * Better error messages when trying to upgrade pinned packages
> * Display `depends` and `depopts` fields in `opam info`
> * `opam info pkg.version` shows the metadata for this given package version
> * Add missing `doc` fields in `.install` files
> * `opam list` now only shows installable packages
>
> Remark: compilation from the source archive seems to be broken on Linux, you'll need a patch[1] to make it work.

I've sent in a pull request for MacOS X Homebrew, and updated the Debian packages for amd64 at:

deb http://www.recoil.org/~avsm/ wheezy main

(still unsigned).

> Tthe last 2 feature requests I'm working on before 1.0.0 are:
> * https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam/issues/306 and
> * https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam/issues/185
>
> I don't have any blocker bugs anymore so I'm quite confident to announce the first stable release next week. I stil welcome patches to improving the portability of OPAM.

It may be worth waiting for the depext stuff to go into the repository so we're sure that works. I'm going to try and find some time this weekend to convert my Jenkins notes into the repository itself.