[ocaml-platform] Unique file names

Yaron Minsky yminsky at janestreet.com
Sun Mar 3 14:30:49 GMT 2013

As I understand it, Alain's proposal requires naming all files
uniquely.  i.e., within a library called Foo, we'd call functions
foo_this.ml and foo_that.ml.

Alain, is this part of your proposal really necessary?  i.e., is there
any barrier with having the ability in the build system to specify the
effective prefix at once for a given directory, rather than literally
naming the files in this way?  It seems like developers' lives would
be simpler (and their ls output full of less repetitive noise) if we
don't literally need to name files in this way.