[ocaml-platform] Unique file names

Alain Frisch alain.frisch at lexifi.com
Wed Mar 6 09:15:43 GMT 2013

On 03/05/2013 06:36 PM, Yaron Minsky wrote:
>> Again, I'm going to illustrate that we do crazy and non-standard stuffs
>> here, but the way we integrate third-party libraries into our project is to
>> take their source files and create an very simple OMakefile (usually 2 or 3
>> lines) to integrate them in our global tree.
>
> Us too!

Good to know!

>> (I admit it will not be very
>> difficult to rename files upon import if we need to).
>
> Right, and that's exactly what I would propose you would do if that's
> how you want to deploy.  From my perspective, I'd like to keep the
> ability to have short filenames (and therefore filename clashes), but
> entirely within the kind of solution you describe.

Ok, it's fair to assume that most library developers and users (in
particular those relying on OPAM and ocamlfind) won't be in the same
situation and it makes sense to simplify their lives as much as
possible; and that larger projects can accept some small extra burden
such as renaming files.

Alain