[ocaml-platform] Followup to Leo's proposal

Alain Frisch alain.frisch at lexifi.com
Tue Mar 12 13:13:03 GMT 2013

I support the idea of specifying implicit module opens on the
command-line.  It is useful independently of the whole namespace
discussion.  LexiFi has a similar local patch; this allows us to provide
a "default environment" (basically, a DSL) for user code to be injected
in the application on the fly (the application manages the compilation
itself).  I expect this could also be useful to Ocisgen (I don't know if
it automatically manages compilation of "user code", but if it does, it
probably make sense to open automatically from infrastructure modules).
  Of course, it is trivial to rewrite the source file to add an "open
..." statement at the beginning, but I don't see why the official
standard library should be the only one which can be used without any
special directive in the source code.

-- Alain