[ocaml-platform] Changes to my previous proposal for namespaces

Alain Frisch alain.frisch at lexifi.com
Tue Mar 19 13:41:55 GMT 2013

On 03/19/2013 01:51 PM, Leo White wrote:
> This might allow loops in aliases.

They can be trivially detected, so this shouldn't be a problem.

> It would also prevent things like:
>
> Foo_Original#* : Foo#*
> Foo#Bar : new_foo_bar.cmi
>
> which allows you to substitute a new module in a namespace, while
> providing a mechanism (Foo_Original) for accessing the old version.

I don't see situations where people would actually require that kind of
feature.

So I'm still in favor of interpreting aliases "starting again from the
beginning".  This avoids having to deal with one more thing (ordering of
-I flags), and, for the rare cases where it matters, this is compatible
with the current behavior.

-- Alain