[ocaml-platform] Install OPAM in 2 minutes

Christophe Troestler Christophe.Troestler at umons.ac.be
Sat May 3 09:08:56 BST 2014

Hi,

On Sat, 3 May 2014 09:56:25 +0200, Klaus jantzen wrote:

> I am new to ocaml.
> A review in a magazine was so interesting that I want to try to use ocaml.

May you tell which magazine?

> As recommended I started with installing OPAM.  The 2 minutes will
> take a little longer as I got the following message after a
> succesfull installation:
>
> usr/local/bin/opam: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version
> `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /usr/local/bin/opam)
>
> Where do get this library from?

This library is actually one of the fundamental blocs of your system.
Or are you still using a 32 bits OS?  If you use the latest Ubuntu
or Debian testing, opam is available as a package and you should use
your package manager to install it.

Hope it helps (if not, give more details about your system),
C.