[ocaml-platform] Dev Version as Package?

Louis Gesbert louis.gesbert at ocamlpro.com
Mon May 11 01:30:20 BST 2015

> - Daniel Bünzli, 08/05/2015 20:24 -
> Le vendredi, 8 mai 2015 à 20:09, Ashish Agarwal a écrit :
> > Louis, thanks for your suggestions. I'm trying them out, but one quick question: how can you query with tags. I tried `opam list -e foobar`, and I seem to get the same output no matter what I write for foobar.
>
> This is not opam tags this is depexts tags (that correspond to platform). You can do for example:
>
>   opam search -s org:erratique
>
> But it may not be entirely precise since opam-search matches not only in tags. I think opam-list should be able to filter by tags (I actually thought this was possible).

Indeed. `opam list` has had too many features added one after the other, and it needs to be redesigned from scratch with clear filters and a well-defined operation between them [1]: its interface isn't very consistent and doesn't offer all the options we may want. I don't really have time at the moment though.

> Also, is there some convention for tags? You put "org:" as a prefix. Is there any special
> interpretation of this, now or planned in the future?

This is purely a convention, that is used for marking packages belonging to a given organisation; the only package tags with special meaning are the ones starting with `flags:` (these should actually be in the `flags:` top-level field instead, but using a tag provides better compatibility within the 1.2 branch).

Best,
Louis

[1] https://github.com/ocaml/opam/issues/2124#issuecomment-94339104