[ocaml-platform] Dev Version as Package?

Louis Gesbert louis.gesbert at ocamlpro.com
Tue May 12 05:02:13 BST 2015

> - Ashish Agarwal, 11/05/2015 11:02 -
> On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 7:55 PM, Trevor Smith <trevorsummerssmith at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> "Dev" already has meaning in opam

I meant the "dev" "dependency flag", e.g.

    depends: [ "oasis" {dev & >= "0.4"} ]

> I don't think opam treats it specially. It's just a version string, which
> happens to come lexicographically after numeric strings.

While the result is true, be aware that we use Debian version ordering, which has its specifics: numbers are treated separate to string fragments, the two aren't compared (see opam.ocaml.org/doc/Manual.html#PackageFormulas for the details).