[ocaml-platform] Is it taking too long for OCaml software to become 4.03-compatible? Would release process changes help?

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Thu Jun 30 14:17:38 BST 2016

Le jeudi, 30 juin 2016 à 13:58, Fabrice Le Fessant a écrit :
> You can ask this kind of diligence from sub-contractors, not from open-source contributors, especially when a package is maintained only by one developer on his/her sparetime.

I'm not asking anything. I'm only commenting on the fact that Sylvain said that the time response was not long. It wasn't indeed but release time is not the right time point to consider. The right time point to consider is the rc betas.

> Or if you think these components are key to the infrastructure, why not move their development to github.com/ocaml/ (http://github.com/ocaml/) with a larger team of maintainers, as it was done for OPAM ?

I personally don't care as I'm not interested in oasis. But many other programmer seem to use it so it's a pre-requesite for them to be able to work in a given release and if this doesn't happen during the betas then we get less testing. Regarding oasis' development model I'll let users of oasis decide on what is best them.

Best,

Daniel