[ocaml-platform] Maintainer notifications for opam-builder -- and other opam-builder enhancements

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Mon Oct 3 09:57:11 BST 2016

I'll second this. All of us in this conversation have done a huge amount of work towards advancing the state of OCaml, and care deeply about the future of OPAM and its ecosystem. It is my hope that there is room for everyone to grow and flourish their particular visions of OPAM tooling, and discourse such as this licensing thread is important to establish a common understanding for everyone to work together under an open-source umbrella.

However, there is absolutely no room for disrespectful discourse in this community. Let's lay our arguments out rationally, and attempt to reach a consensus.  It's normal for complex issues such as CLAs and licenses to take some time to work through, and also for there to be stepping stones where we do not all agree on the right solutions.

I would like to curate this list as a place where such matters can be discussed and understood, so we are all aware of each other's efforts towards our ultimate goal of an awesome OCaml developer experience.

regards,
Anil