[ocaml-platform] ocp-index in user-setup

David CHEMOUIL David.Chemouil at onera.fr
Mon Oct 17 10:50:29 BST 2016

Dear all

I have recently switched to relying on user-setup for Emacs and I' m
very pleased about it. However, I realized that it does not install
ocp-index keymap as defined in
<https://github.com/OCamlPro/ocp-index/blob/master/tools/ocp-index.el#L398>.
Is it planned to update user-setup to deal with this?

More globally, the merlin and ocp-*  tools experience is really a huge
improvement over the past (event though Tuareg was already very nice)
but I think things may be misleading for newcomers or casual users:
- installing merlin and ocp-* tools directly through opam ends up with
configuration instructions being displayed on the console by opam
- but these are different from the corresponding documentation for these
packages (available on their respective web pages)
- and user-setup uses yet another Elisp code to setup the environment.

I guess it is quite tedious to do but getting all the standard setup
made through user-setup would be great; both other ways could for
instance be described explicitly on their respective web pages (and opam
installation messages) as reserved for experts who don't want to rely on
user-setup.

Thanks again for the good work,

dc

--