[wg-camlp4] Planning for the different syntax extensions

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Mon Jan 28 16:45:19 GMT 2013

On 28 Jan 2013, at 14:05, Yaron Minsky <yminsky at janestreet.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if it would be worth putting up a page on a wiki
> somewhere where we can organize our understanding of how different
> syntax extensions could be handled in a -ppx world?  It might be nice
> to have this include code-examples of ways in which syntax would have
> to change to make these work.

I've been Doing Some Science (tm) via a bulk build of OPAM where we
replace all the camlp4 binaries with wrapper scripts that redirect
their command lines to a log directory.  This lets us grab a full
list of pa_*.cma files that are built, and then manually classify
them.  That should help populate the wiki when it's time to set it up.

The (incomplete) list of .cma files used in the build so far is below.
Some of these are clearly just support libraries (bigarray), and others
are from the compiler libs, but there's a good number that I haven't
seen before.  I'll update this list tomorrow when the bulk build is
complete.

--
bigarray.cma
bin_prot.cma