[wg-camlp4] [Caml-list] Working Group: the future of syntax extensions in OCaml, after camlp4

Virgile Prevosto virgile.prevosto at m4x.org
Mon Jan 28 17:18:52 GMT 2013

Hello,

2013/1/28 Alain Frisch <alain at frisch.fr>:

>> Stream parsing is certainly one of the topics to discuss.
>

> I've no idea how widely stream parsing is used.  Has anyone some intuition
> about this?

Well, it's about the only camlp4 "extension" that I'm using. It's
quite convenient for parsing things that are too complex for regexps
but do not require a full-blown menhir/ocamlyacc grammar. And like
Gerd, I'd find it a bit sad if a feature that once belonged to core
OCaml syntax was to disappear.

Best regards,
--
E tutto per oggi, a la prossima volta