[wg-camlp4] getting bitstring to work with Core

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Tue May 28 17:15:58 BST 2013

On 28 May 2013, at 17:03, Stephen Weeks <sweeks at janestreet.com> wrote:

> We'll add [String.unsafe_{get,set}] to Core.  We'll also add
> [Char.code] as a temporary measure.  Please speak up if there's
> anything else.
>
> It seems to me that it should be easy for someone to tweak the
> bitstring preprocessor to accept a -core switch so that all references
> to variables in OCaml's standard library are of the form
> [Core.Std.Caml.x].  I don't see a need to wait for namespaces.

It's the build system integration that fills me with dread (figuring
out the ocamlfind META runes, how to plumb this through to ocamlbuild,
OASIS and OMake, and activate it only for files that use Core).

Not insurmountable, but not my highest priority to figure out right
now.  If anyone else does know the ocamlfind META format off-hand,
I'd be happy to patch Cow in a similar way.