[wg-parallel] About Lwt and Async

Yaron Minsky yminsky at janestreet.com
Wed May 1 01:48:02 BST 2013

Jeremie, I have another thought about trying to bring Lwt and Async
together: knowing the two engines well as you do, do you think it
makes any technical sense to basically bolt an Lwt skin on top of
Async?  i.e., create an alternate version of the Lwt module where 'a
Lwt.t = 'a Or_exn.t Deferred.t, so as to let one share the core
scheduler.  This could allow code written to Lwt to run on top of
Async's engine.

I suspect it would be quite a large effort, and perhaps the Lwt
community would have no interest in using the result of it, so I'm not
saying it's worth doing.  I'm just wondering if you think it's a
technically feasible project.