[compiler-hacking] Use of opam-compiler-conf: install packages

Runhang Li runhang at posteo.net
Mon Apr 4 06:23:51 BST 2016

Hi, Olivier

Which version of Core are you trying to install? From opam page[1], I can see Jane Street has relaxed version constraint since 113.24.01.
Another way is to download a copy of the source code locally, modify the constraint in opam file, and use ``opam pin add core .`` to install this local copy.

[1]: https://github.com/ocaml/opam-repository/tree/master/packages/core <https://github.com/ocaml/opam-repository/tree/master/packages/core>

> On Apr 4, 2016, at 2:54 AM, Olivier Nicole <olivier.nicole at ensta-paristech.fr> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I switched to a modified version of OCaml using Gabriel Scherer's
> opam-compiler-conf script. But when I try to install the core package, I
> get a version error:
>
>> $ ocaml -version
>> The OCaml toplevel, version 4.04.0+dev0-2016-02-18
>> $ opam install core
>> [ERROR] core is not available because your system doesn't comply with ocaml-version
>>> = "4.02.1" & ocaml-version < "4.03".
>
> Is there any clean way to install packages with a modified version of
> the compiler?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Olivier

Kindly,