[compiler-hacking] OCaml Compiler Hacking - Tonight - 18:30 - Pembroke College, N7

Gemma Gordon gg417 at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 7 16:31:37 GMT 2017

Hi everyone,

Looking forward to seeing those who can make it tonight :)

We have a great mixture of people attending tonight - some with little
compiler and OCaml experience, and others with compiler knowledge they'd
like to share - here's some good projects to work on:

*Junior Jobs*
https://github.com/ocamllabs/compiler-hacking/wiki/Things-to-work-on#juniorjobs
This list is up-to-date, and features lots of suitable tasks - click on the
'junior_job' tag and filter the issues to select 'confirmed' and
'acknowledged'.
Good for those unfamiliar with OCaml internals.

*OPAM bulk logs*
https://github.com/ocamllabs/compiler-hacking/wiki/Things-to-work-on#opam-bulk-logs
https://github.com/ocaml/opam-bulk-logs/ might be a little out of date but
http://opam.ocamlpro.com/builder/ has similar up-to-date information.
Includes package build failures that are often easy fixes.

*Code review of existing pull requests*
https://github.com/ocamllabs/compiler-hacking/wiki/Things-to-work-on#code-reviews
Good for those who would like to gain more experience reviewing proposals
and it helps us to clear any backlogs.

*Other things to work on*
https://github.com/ocamllabs/compiler-hacking/wiki/Things-to-work-on#more
Includes:
- compiler documentation (https://github.com/ocamllabs/ocaml-internals/wiki)
- contributions to ocaml.org - not strictly compiler, but always helpful!

We're going to be at Pembroke College (http://www.pem.cam.ac.uk/) in N7
through the arch - ask at the plodge if you get stuck. I have wifi access
codes (single use only at Pembroke unfortunately - come and find me for a
code), but you will also be able to access Eduroam there if you have a
login. Buffet will be provided :)

Other details here: https://github.com/ocamllabs/compiler-hacking

Thanks,

Gemma