[containers-users] API design choice for including the stdlib modules

Simon Cruanes simon.cruanes.2007 at m4x.org
Mon Apr 10 16:16:59 BST 2017

Hello all,

@orbitz and @drup propose that containers' modules that extend the stdlib should
include the standard module, so that it's not necessary to remember
where a function lives.

For instance, `CCList` should include `List`, so that it's always
possible to replace `List` with `CCList`. No need to remember where
`combine`, `flatten` or `flat_map` live.

I am considering this change because it is not going to impact
modularity or code size much (we already depend on the stdlib anyway).

Also see:
https://github.com/c-cube/ocaml-containers/issues/109

Opinions and arguments welcome!

--
Simon Cruanes

http://weusepgp.info/
key 49AA62B6, fingerprint 949F EB87 8F06 59C6 D7D3  7D8D 4AC0 1D08 49AA 62B6