[containers-users] breakage in CCBV

Simon Cruanes simon.cruanes.2007 at m4x.org
Tue Apr 18 21:03:15 BST 2017

Hello everyone,

The following issue should be of interest to anyone
using the bitvector module CCBV (i.e. at least me):
https://github.com/c-cube/ocaml-containers/issues/113

Given that the length-aware API would be nicer to have, but that right
now it assumes too much on the implementation, I think I have no choice
but to break some parts of the module's interface if this issue is to be
solved. That would affect mostly the parts about getting length/resizing
(which would be in terms of bitvector length, not length of the internal
buffer).

Does anyone object to this, or use the module in a way that might be
broken?

Cheers!

--
Simon Cruanes

http://weusepgp.info/
key 49AA62B6, fingerprint 949F EB87 8F06 59C6 D7D3  7D8D 4AC0 1D08 49AA 62B6