[ocaml-ctypes] Lifecycle of a callback?

Trevor Smith trevorsummerssmith at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 11:48:20 BST 2014

Following up on the earlier conversation of using c-based accessors:

I tried this out this morning. However I am seeing strange behavior with
the memory addresses. In native code, whenever I pass a pointer through the
accessor I receive a different address than the original address --
however, in valgrind the addresses are the same.

Relevant code:
git clone git at github.com:trevorsummerssmith/ocaml-libuv.git && cd
ocaml-libuv && git checkout origin/test-lifecycle && make tests

I see, eg:

loop: 0x109d76800
Handle: 0x9d76800
Handle: 0x9d76800
F.
Failure: handle suite:0:accessors

The loop address always starts with '10'. However in valgrind the addresses
are the same.

The c accessors are in lib_gen/lib_accessors.c, the test is in test/
test_handle.ml

Thoughts on this? Thanks!

Trevor