[ocaml-infra] Fwd: easy search into Janestreet libraries (and more libs even)

Francois Berenger francois.berenger.working at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 15:11:29 GMT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil at recoil.org>
Date: Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Subject: Re: easy search into Janestreet libraries (and more libs even)
To: ocaml-core at googlegroups.com

On 7 Dec 2012, at 12:03, Yaron Minsky <yminsky at janestreet.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 12:14 AM, Francois Berenger
> <francois.berenger.working at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Would it be possible to have a kind of Hoogle hosted somewhere
>> for OCaml?
>>
>> I know one:
>> http://search.ocaml.jp/
>>
>> But there is no async and core inside of it, despite
>> I asked for them (I did not ask in Japanese to the author, however).
>>
>> Maybe that would be an amazing service offered by ocaml.org
>> to the community?
>
> There are indeed some plans brewing to host documentation of various
> libraries at ocaml.org.

Yep.  Francois, I'd encourage you to send this mail to
infrastructure at lists.ocaml.org, so that we can start a conversation
about what services will be provided and what barriers are in the way
(for example, I notice that the OCaml version of Hoogle still depends
on 3.11.0, and likely needs a major update).