[ocaml-infra] Redesigning OCaml.org

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Tue Aug 6 22:46:08 BST 2013

A few comments.

* Though in general I find it quite balanced. I would also be in favor of a little bit more information density and less huge childish icons on the landing page.

* To really have a good assessment of the design we need the real content, not Lorem [1].

* I already made my comments on the font of the new logo here [2]. It's even worse when put in context, it hurts my eyes. Oh and could you put a high-resolution image of the icon it's all blurry on a high resolution display.

* Packages, unless you can find an accurate metric for what a popular package is, I suggest to drop that "Most popular" tab. I mean from a programming point of view knowing that ocamlfind is the most popular package is a little bit useless (cf. opam's website).

* I confirm the views from upper Montreux on Lausanne are as stunning as suggested by Scala's website. Feel free to drop by my place if you pass in the area. Can't speak for Roquencourt's baracks though.

Best,

Daniel

[1] http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/01/06/lorem-ipsum-killing-designs/
[2] https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org/issues/44#issuecomment-15452309