[ocaml-infra] Fwd: [Caml-list] Working Group: the future of syntax extensions in OCaml, after camlp4

Sylvain Le Gall sylvain+ocaml at le-gall.net
Thu Jan 24 16:01:02 GMT 2013

I think we should have a wg.ocaml.org or www.ocaml.org/wg. The second
option is the better because it allows to get a higher ranking through
backlinks (in term of SEO).

It should contains:
- links to the mailing list
- kind of "blog post" that can be posted to state the goal of the working
group, what are the progress made on the subject and at the end a
document/patch to wrap up
- the blog posts should be aggregated on planet.ocaml.org (to reach a wider
audience)
- if a workgroup is working on pacthes, there should be a "how to install"
webpages (e.g. OPAM + this patch against OCaml)

Although on the topic of working group, I think they should have
identifiable deliverables (patch, doc, library) and be limited in time.

Regards
Sylvain