[ocaml-infra] Wireframe demo of OCaml.og

Maxence Guesdon Maxence.Guesdon at inria.fr
Fri Mar 15 09:39:39 GMT 2013

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:53:47 +0000
Amir Chaudhry <amc79 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I've been working on putting together wireframes to demonstrate aspects of the design and functionality we'd like to introduce into the OCaml.org website.  Today, I published a blog post summarising this work, which includes screencasts and a link to a clickable demo you can play with.
>
> http://amirchaudhry.com/wireframe-demos-for-ocamlorg

Hello,

Thanks for this presentation. This made me think about the future of the
Caml Hump. Now that Opam is the ocaml package manager, would it be
possible to merge Opam and Hump ?

I mean: could it be possible to create some kind of "info" packages in
opam to indicate that a library/tool/... exists but is not packaged
yet ? With a flag to make them appear in opam list and search ?

This could encourage contributors to package not yet packaged tools and
libs.

Regarding tags, it is possible that I missed the information, but is
opam going to handle tags associated to packages ? (I saw some
tag-based search in packages in Amir's demos)

With these "info" packages and a tag system, opam should be able to
replace the hump, allowing anobody to contribute to (this
replacmenet of) the hump.

At last, I also saw in Amir's demos news feeds associated to packages.
Will the RSS feed be indicated in opam package information ?

Regards,

Maxence