[ocaml-infra] [opam-devel] Automatically synching GitHub pulls to OPAM

Jeremy Yallop yallop at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 17:02:50 GMT 2014

On 7 February 2014 16:46, Amir Chaudhry <amc79 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Does seem very useful and an easy way for package maintainers to see how proposed patches might affect them..
>
> Naiive question (since I haven't tried this myself): Does the switch grab the latest trunk version and apply the patch or does it take 4.01.0 and apply it?  I notice that the PRs are all for trunk.

The compiler version is a command-line option:

   https://github.com/avsm/opam-sync-github-prs/blob/88a403eb8/generate.ml#L63

I wonder whether it'd be more reliable to use the source branch in the
pull request as the 'src' for the switch.  For example, for #6,
instead of generating

    src: https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/archive/4.0.2.tar.gz
    patches: https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/pull/6.diff

we might simply have