[ocaml-infra] ocaml.org licensing

Fabrice Le Fessant Fabrice.Le_fessant at inria.fr
Sat Mar 1 21:36:01 GMT 2014

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy <avsm2 at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> So to my question: is there some group that you feel we aren't serving
> adequately at the moment that would benefit from a refinement of our
> approach?  It's important to know this before we lock in a decision on
> licensing, as that's a difficult decision to reverse.

There is no objection here, I was not discussing the licensing issues
anymore, nor the ambition to create a great website for OCaml.
I was just replying to some comments worrying about the possibility of
a fork. Actually, I was not really thinking about a fork, but more
about websites copying only a few parts of ocaml.org, to provide
things that would be missing here for these people. Of course, people
should be encouraged to contribute to ocaml.org, but for me, instead
of wanting everything to be on ocaml.org, it would be better to
encourage an ecosystem with a galaxy of websites each one referencing
each other and cross-linking the content of the other ones.

--Fabrice