[ocaml-infra] [Caml-list] chapter 4 confusion

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Sun Nov 9 20:46:29 GMT 2014

[-OCaml list, -> infrastructure at lists.ocaml.org]

It's not really possible to answer how many people are active on a list,
but there are over 1000 subscribers to the Yahoo beginners list from its
public profile. I mailed the owner alias a year ago to find out if they'd
like to move it to lists.ocaml.org, but never heard back.

In any event, migration isn't the easiest solution since shifting the
email source for the list will break a lot of filters and probably irritate
a lot of people.  It may be be easier to create a new list, but I'm not
who would populate this new one.  My conclusion a year ago was that the
current status quo is fine.

-anil