[ocaml-infra] TLS (https) for ocaml.org

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Sun Oct 5 19:31:29 BST 2014

On 20 Aug 2014, at 16:13, Hannes Mehnert <hannes at mehnert.org> wrote:

> First some disclaimers:
> - - I'm not a lighthttpd expert
> - - I don't know what is to protect on ocaml.org (what the security
> model is)

Just to elaborate on this, the contents of ocaml.org are purely
static, so the role of TLS is to preserve the integrity of end-to-end
transfer as opposed to any strict confidentiality requirements.

With that in mind, this would make it an excellent potential early
deployment for the pure OCaml TLS stack, following your OCaml 2014
presentation.  Is there a recent release of OCaml/TLS and a webserver
that we could do a trial deployment of on ocaml.org (perhaps alongside
the existing lighttpd setup)?