[ocaml-infra] github/ocaml/ocaml trunk synchronization issue

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Fri Apr 17 15:42:41 BST 2015

On 17 Apr 2015, at 09:06, Gabriel Scherer <gabriel.scherer at gmail.com> wrote:

> The synchronization of github/ocaml/ocaml with trunk seems to be somehow stopped:
>   https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/tree/trunk
>
> The last commit I see is Jeremy's, commited on Apr 12, while the SVN has commits upto Apr 15. On the other hand, commits in the 4.02 branch are uptodate.
>
> It may be no coincidence that this commit is recognized by github as Jeremy's (despite having been pushed by myself), which is usually not the case for SVN commits (if I knew how to reliably have git-svn recover correct authorship information, I would do it each time). Could the synchronization script be confused by the difference between the commit's authorship date (Feb 10) and actual commit date? Did I do something really silly without noticing?
>
> (Please don't tell me the only solution is to merge pull requests on the same day they are sent!)

Did someone commit directly to the GitHub mirror?  It looks like a merge conflict happened on trunk in the Changes file.

<<<<<<< HEAD
- GPR#147: [type 'a result = Ok of 'a | Error of 'b] in Pervasives
  (Yaron Minsky)
=======
- GPR#144: support M.[], M.(), M.{< >} and M.[| |]
  (Jeremy Yallop)

I've kicked off a reinitialisation of the ocaml.git from the SVN (and preserved the old, conflicting one).  If the fresh one works, then I'll swap over to that.