[ocaml-infra] caml.inria.fr/pub will be down in Jan 2016 for 48 hours

Fabrice Le Fessant Fabrice.Le_fessant at inria.fr
Fri Oct 2 09:48:31 BST 2015

I think the idea behind keeping /pub/ on caml.inria.fr is to
authenticate that a particular tarball is the official INRIA's
version, not a fork modified by the community. It does make sense for
me, although we could even limit INRIA's contribution to publishing
checksums for tarballs that would be hosted on ocaml.org.

--Fabrice

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 9:56 AM, François Bobot <francois.bobot at cea.fr> wrote:
> On 01/10/2015 21:06, Ashish Agarwal wrote:
>>
>> (As a reminder, all of caml.inria.fr <http://caml.inria.fr>
>> is deprecated, except for caml.inria.fr/pub/*
>> <http://caml.inria.fr/pub/*>, which continues to be
>> the source of static content such as tarballs.)
>

> Did some people talk to Damien Doligez, as OCaml release manager, about
> moving http://caml.inria.fr/pub/* to ocaml.org?
>
> PS: Github now support git lfs[1] but I never tested this tools for managing
> big files in git.
>
> [1] https://git-lfs.github.com/
>
> --
> François

Fabrice LE FESSANT
Chercheur en Informatique
INRIA Paris Rocquencourt -- OCamlPro
Programming Languages and Distributed Systems