[ocaml-infra] caml.inria.fr/pub will be down in Jan 2016 for 48 hours

François Bobot francois.bobot at cea.fr
Fri Oct 2 14:30:36 BST 2015

On one hand there is the explication given by Fabrice that it is for a """"trademark issue""""

 > I think the idea behind keeping /pub/ on caml.inria.fr is to
 > authenticate that a particular tarball is the official INRIA's
 > version, not a fork modified by the community. It does make sense for
 > me, although we could even limit INRIA's contribution to publishing
 > checksums for tarballs that would be hosted on ocaml.org.

There is nothing to do with that, except perhaps the checksum idea.

On the other hand there is:

On 02/10/2015 14:48, Ashish Agarwal wrote:
 > Yes, ease for Damien was the explanation provided (recently and a few years ago).

Which could be change by understanding the need of Damien and trying to fill them.

I will ask on devel to Xavier and Damien to know where they stand.

--
François