[ocaml-infra] Adopting a Governance framework for OCaml.org

Amir Chaudhry amc79 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 18 14:45:55 BST 2015

> On 16 Sep 2015, at 20:27, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil at recoil.org> wrote:
>
> On 14 Sep 2015, at 18:27, Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy at inria.fr> wrote:
>>
>> On 14/09/15 17:43, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>>> There is no legal meaning to signing this document, because nobody is
>>> signing anything.  It is, as Amir noted, a "living document" that
>>> simply documents what superstructure exists at the moment.
>>
>> Right.  I made this joke to Anil already, but let me repeat it because
>> I'm easily amused:
>>
>> Some people were expecting this document to be a constitution, of the
>> continental Europe and American kind.  Instead, it's more like the
>> British state:  there is an emphasis on time-honored best practices,
>> fair discussions, jurisprudence; Anil as the current prime minister;
>> and I as the benevolent but almighty Queen.
>
> I'd hope that we'd end up with more of a Corbyn than a Cameron :-)

Corbyn is a firm anti-monarchist so I guess that will make for an interesting relationship :)

Thanks for the discussion everyone.  I decided to put my thoughts into a blog post, which summarises the discussions I’ve been having (some of the points have come up several times).
http://amirchaudhry.com/governance-ocaml-org/

Best wishes,
Amir