[ocaml-infra] [opam-devel] expiration SSL certificate

David Sheets sheets at alum.mit.edu
Tue Sep 13 11:56:26 BST 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Daniel Bünzli
<daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch> wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 September 2016 at 12:34, David Sheets wrote:
>> Could you please elaborate on the design problem?
>
> http://mjambon.com/yojson.html
>
> "Note that yojson never checks the encoding of strings."

This refers to the internal string representation. It's not clear to
me why or how this will result in users "being sorry" for using a
library in order to get a certificate from a (trusted) CA. I think the
author of the library might like to understand more about why you
think this might be a problem so that they can correct it. Telling
them is certainly more effective (and socially responsible) than
spreading FUD on an unrelated mailing list.

David