[ocaml-infra] OPAM PPA down?

David Allsopp dra-news at metastack.com
Wed May 2 16:59:55 BST 2018

Yotam Barnoy wrote:
> Sent: 02 May 2018 12:54
> To: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil at recoil.org>
> Cc: David Allsopp <dra-news at metastack.com>; infrastructure
> <infrastructure at lists.ocaml.org>
> Subject: Re: [ocaml-infra] OPAM PPA down?
>
> I'm using 16.04. Looks like we need to update the instructions at
> https://opam.ocaml.org/doc/Install.html then.

It's been brought up for other platforms (CentOS IIRC) - I think Louis is planning on going through it all around the opam 2 release (though I'm sure pull requests in the meantime are welcome).

The instructions aren't that bad, it does state that the PPAs are for Precise and Trusty, not Xenial, but it's of course not great to be forced to work out that if Vivid (15.04) was fine in the official repo, then so too is Xenial (16.04).

David