[opam-devel] Parallel builds

Markus Mottl markus.mottl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 14:53:22 BST 2013

I agree that hard-coding does not seem like a good idea.  It should be
possible for users to specify the level of parallelism in a
configuration file or environment variable.  I think this should
actually be supported by OPAM, because different packages may use
different build systems.  Maybe OPAM, which is pretty much already the
de-facto standard OCaml package manager, can pass a standardized
environment variable to the build process so that package maintainers
can query it for the level of parallelism?

Regards,
Markus

Markus Mottl        http://www.ocaml.info        markus.mottl at gmail.com