[opam-devel] Using OPAM with other languages

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Wed Jul 24 17:54:57 BST 2013

On 23 Jul 2013, at 23:29, Malcolm Matalka <mmatalka at gmail.com> wrote:

> In an email recently, Thomas said that OPAM is not tightly bound to
> Ocaml.  This peaked my interest as I am running into issues managing
> deps in an Erlang project.
>
> Is there any information out there on using OPAM with other languages?

I use it occasionally with some kernel builds and such.  I think you
can just go ahead and write shell scripts for whatever you want, as
long as you dont mind there being global roots into the ocaml toolchain
(e.g. you have to have some ocaml installed before OPAM will init).

I'd be interested to hear what you do end up using it for... the
constraint solver certainly has applications beyond just the OCaml
use it's being put to at the moment.