[opam-devel] A feature request: building specific compiler revs

Yaron Minsky yminsky at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 02:05:58 BST 2013

One thing that would be very nice would be to have a flag in opam switch
where you could just specify a subversion revision (or, failing that, a
github one) of trunk to build.  It would make it easier and simpler for
people to try out things at specific patchlevels and report bugs based on
them.  I was thinking about this because of some recent feedback I gave on
mantis that was a bit vague on the specific compiler version in question,
because I didn't really know.

Also, it would be nice that when you build a floating config like
4.01.0dev+trunk, if it recorded which version it was built against so one
could figure it out after the fact.