[opam-devel] [Caml-list] Setting up OPAM in emacs

Gabriel Scherer gabriel.scherer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 13:07:51 BST 2013

I don't (want to) understand the details of why opam switches don't
work well with Emacs right now, or of any of the proposed solutions.
Is there a solution integrated in OPAM by now? If not, is there a
consensus on what simple users like me should use to solve the
problem? Could you (the thread participants) decide on something, and
send that to the OPAM upstream, so that future versions solve this
issue?

(The immediate problem I observe is that compile-command does not use
the OCaml versions I would expect it to, in general defaulting to my
system OCaml -- that may depend on the way Emacs is launched. More
sophisticated things such as being able to call "opam switch" from
inside Emacs are probably secondary needs, and I would be fine with a
basic integration not supporting that, and letting people hone their
emacs-lisp skills for that.)