[opam-devel] OPAM PPA-unstable snaps updating

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Thu Oct 3 11:16:39 BST 2013

On 3 Oct 2013, at 10:43, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas at gazagnaire.org> wrote:

>> I'm refreshing avsm/ppa-unstable to the latest 1.1 trunk snaps, and then will move them over to avsm/ppa-testing (which is used by the TravisCI scripts) once they're built.  I'll do this regularly until we have a release candidate.
>
> We are very close to release 1.1.  The checklist before the release:
>
> - update CHANGES to be more accurate
> - complete the migration to ocaml.org [Louis has almost done this]

Great; I'm installing the SSL certificate now on the VM.

> - stress-test the repository migration [Need to double check that it works when OPAM cannot understand the metadata in the repository and when the format of the 'repo' file change]
> - check why all build logs are not properly captured (#895) [I suspect this to be trivial to fix]
>
> So far, everything is going fine, so I really hope we can announce the 1.1 release next monday!

Exciting :-)

The only other thing on my list was to ensure that OPAM 1.2 upgrades will work from 1.1 -- I'd like to install a dummy package in opam-repository that has opam-version:1.2, but of course we can't quite do this until 1.1 is out and the repositories have forked.