[opam-devel] Repository format

Nicolas Braud-Santoni nicolas at braud-santoni.eu
Wed Oct 9 22:24:22 BST 2013

Hello,

I was wondering whether the developer's manual[1] is up-to-date, esp.
regarding the repository format.

Indeed, I endeavour to write a module for the Paludis[2] package
manager, in order to use directly the OPAM package descriptions.

This package manager is used in several Linux distributions, including:
- Exherbo;
- Gentoo (though it is not the default package manager).

The goal here isn't to replace OPAM, but to allow users that do not
directly use OCaml to easily install packages that depend on OCaml
libraries (and save me from packaging everything by hand).

Regards,

Nicolas Braud-Santoni

[1]
https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam/blob/master/doc/dev-manual/dev-manual.pdf?raw=true