[opam-devel] depopt constraints not respected

Roberto Di Cosmo roberto at dicosmo.org
Sat Apr 5 16:15:03 BST 2014

One can imagine to ask opam to infer hidden implicit conflicts
from constraints in the depopts metadata, and maybe this is what
will end up being implemented, but ...

 - it is good practice to make conflicts explicit when there
   are conflicts around

 - we have many opam users around that are potentially being
   hit by this issue right away: is it easier to add a single
   line to a few packages in the repository, or to change opam,
   test-it, roll it out and ask everybody to use the git dev
   version?

--
Roberto

--