[opam-devel] 0install gist for macos x

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Sun Apr 27 08:01:57 BST 2014

If anyone want's to play around with 0install, I've put a tidied up gist here:

https://gist.github.com/avsm/39d0ced39f9ed45165d5

It'll be submitted upstream soonish hopefully, and then binary bottled (so you can `brew install 0install` without having to compile anything).  The GTK2 GUI is a little clunky on MacOS X as it takes some time to spin up, but works fine in my limited testing so far.

$ 0install add opam http://test.roscidus.com/opam.xml

This spins up the GUI and gives a 'OS version mismatch error' as expected (since Thomas' published test repo is a Linux OPAM binary).  More later as I catch up on e-mail...