[opam-devel] ocamlc.opt and pthreads

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Sat Jun 14 09:50:14 BST 2014

On 13 Jun 2014, at 17:45, Mika Illouz <mika at illouz.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil at recoil.org> wrote:
>>
>> Without looking closely at the specifics, this does seem like a configure script
>> issue.  I suspect it would be better reported on Mantis with the configure outputs
>> pasted into the report, as that should take care of linking pthread or not depending
>> on the OS it's running on.
>
> Ok, thanks Anil.
>
> Could the installation of any particular opam package trigger the
> recompilation of the compiler itself, with a set of ./configure flags
> that would make ocamlc.opt work ?  I'm trying to figure out why one
> system A, things work as expected.

The compiler is always explicit in OPAM (either via the preinstalled
system one or a switch).  So the easiest way to track this down would
be to look in the compilers/ directory in:
  https://github.com/ocaml/opam-repository

...where the build steps are in the relevant .comp file for the switch
that you're using.